Breast Surgery Q&A time – Dr Dona answers all your questions
Uncategorized | Dr Eddy Dona
Mon 18th May 2020
Dr Dona answers all your questions on breast surgery, including:
- How much does breast implant surgery cost?
- Are silicone or saline implants better?
- Round or teardrop implants – what’s better?
- Do breast implants need to be changed every 10 years?
- Which patients get the best long term results after breast implant surgery?
- What implant pocket is best? Under or over the muscle?
- What is a dual plane pocket?
- What’s recovery like after breast implant surgery?
- Will you have drains in after breast implant surgery?
- How painful is breast implant surgery?
- When can you drive after breast implant surgery?
- When can you go back to work after breast enhancement surgery?
- When can you exercise and go back to the gym after breast enhancement surgery?
- What post-op appointments do you need after breast enhancement surgery?
- When will most of the swelling be gone after breast surgery?
- When can you get fitted for new bras and clothing after breast enhancement surgery?
- Are implants fragile? Can you treat your breasts normally and do normal sporting activities after breast implant surgery?
- Do you have to wear a bra after breast implant surgery?
- Can you experience long term pain after breast surgery?
- Can you breast feed after breast implant surgery?
- Will the implants affect your breast milk?
- Should you have breast implants before at after having children?
- Will pregnancy and/or breastfeeding change your breasts and will you need surgery afterwards?
- What can you do to ensure your breast implant results last as long as possible?
- Will nipple sensation change after breast enhancement surgery?
- Do breast implants cause breast cancer?
- Can you still perform breast self examination after having breast implants?
- Will breast implants make it more difficult for you to feel any changes in your breasts during self examination?
- Can you still undergo normal breast cancer screening (ultrasounds and mammograms) after breast implant surgery?
- Do you need to wear a bra when sleeping after breast implant surgery?
- Will nipple areolar size increase after breast implant surgery?
- If you have large areolars should they be reduced in size when having breast implant surgery?
- What is a scarless breast lift?
- What are the different types of breast lifts?
- What happens if your implants pockets are too big and the implant moves around too much?
- Do we treat interstate patients?
- Can fuller figured women have breast implant surgery?
- How long do you have to wait if you wanted more surgery to change your implants?
- Is fat transfer surgery an option for breast enhancement?
- Why are breast implants better than fat transfers for enhancing breasts?
- Can you have fat transfers to the breasts that already have implants?
- Can you breast feed after breast lift or breast reduction surgery?
- What is capsular contracture?
- What is the rare cancer associated with some implants – ALCL?
- Should you get implants if you suffer from multiple allergies?
- What is Breast Implant Illness?
Dr Dona (FRACS) is one of the most in-demand specialist plastic surgeons in Sydney, Australia and is a member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPA). Following his medicine degree at the University of Sydney in 1996, Dr Dona then began a further 11 years of intensive training to become a Specialist Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon.
Since opening his private practice in Bella Vista in 2009, Dr Dona has had patients from all over Australia seeking his expertise treatment and specialisation in cosmetic surgical procedures. Dr Dona is highly sought after for his expertise and experience in all of the cosmetic surgeries he performs. From Breast Augmentations to Tummy Tucks, Brazilian Butt Lifts and every other procedure that he performs, Dr Dona treats every patient with care and precision as if he were performing surgery on his own family member.
Despite running a busy private practice, Dr Dona still dedicates part of his time to Sydney’s largest teaching public hospitals, having provided training to over 50 specialist plastic surgeons and many more doctors. Eddy also commits part of his time to working in some of Sydney’s busiest public hospitals, including providing emergency on-call services. This is where Dr Dona is often required to reconstruct the bodies of those affected by trauma and cancer.