Why do women often wish they had larger implants after surgery?
The reasons for this are many:
- Some surgeons are reluctant to use fuller sized implants, as they lack the confidence to do so
- Many patients are reluctant to use fuller implants, as they are simply scared to do so.
- However, the main reasons relate to how things change during the early stages after surgery. The two issues here are:
- The initial swelling that many patients tend to like slowly goes away.
- And at the same time, the patient gets used to (and likes) the bigger breast implants. So once the swelling has settled, this is when they realise – “I wish I was bigger”.
Human nature means that any change creates anxiety – therefore to minimize the anxiety people minimize the degree of change.
With respect to implants, that means you minimise the size of the implants.
Listen to your skilled and experienced plastic surgeon. Don’t go to your consult with a “volume” that you want in mind.